Let’s be honest: life is hard, especially when it comes to God and relationships. Whether you’re single or married, it can be hard to know how your faith in God and your current relationships (or lack there of) affect one another. What does God have to do with your dating life? What should your relationship with God look like? How does your faith affect your relationship with your spouse? What is God doing in your life? How can you grow in your faith? These can be hard questions to answer.
I’m here to help.
I want you to see your life, love, and relationships (with others and with God) through God’s eyes. I’ll do this by looking at Scripture, theology, church history, and practical experience. Now, I’m not claiming to have some sort of special divine connection, but I have studied theology and the Bible a lot and spent tons of money on a couple of fancy degrees. I even learned three dead languages in the process for goodness sake! Not everyone has the time or money to go to Bible College or Seminary, so I want to pass on what I’ve learned to you.
I promise it won’t be boring.
This is not a school or a class. My goal is to share what I’ve learned in a way that’s easy to understand, that’s real, and that applies to your life. I don’t just want you to know something for knowing’s sake, I want it to affect your life in real ways!
I promise to be real.
School isn’t the only thing I’ve done (though I have done a lot of that). I’ve also lived life for 28+ years. With that has come some funny things, some awesome things, and some downright sad things. I want to share all of that with you, passing on what I’ve learned in that time, the good and the bad. I’ve changed my mind on things and I’ve come to know and understand God better over time. Like you, I’ve experienced disappointment and heartache. In the last several years, I’ve really come to a better understanding of how God’s grace impacts every area of life and I want to share that with as many people as I possibly can.
So, join me on this journey.
You can subscribe to my email and get my latest blog posts sent to you directly. If you’re looking to connect with God in a new way, you can participate in my Six Week Spiritual Growth Journey (an email course) and explore some new practices that can help you grow in your relationship with God. Best part: both of these things are completely free!
Fun Facts about Ashleigh
You’re still reading eh? Okay, I’ll give you some fun facts:
- I have a pit mix dog named Ramsey who probably loves me too much. He does somersaults at my feet whenever I come home.
- I’ve lived in eight different states: Oregon, Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, Tennessee, Missouri, Indiana, and Arkansas
- One of my favorite things in life is food. I love both making it and eating it.
- When I was a toddler I somehow managed to delete the operating system off of my dad’s computer. I’ve never done anything remotely as hacker-ish since.
- I won a beauty contest when I was 1. That was my only ever beauty contest. You’ve got to quit while you’re ahead.
- I’m always cold and keep a sweater handy even in the summer.
- My husband Zach wins almost every board game we play and I’m a sore loser.