I’m all about having a conversation here, but without some rules and guidelines, conversation can easily turn south and devolve into shouting and trolling. Here is my comments policy. By posing on my blog, you agree to the following:
1. Posting follow up questions is welcome. If you have a question or something related that you want to discuss, chances are you’re not alone. Even if I don’t answer your question with another comment, I may turn your question into a future blog post and if I do this, I will tell you so you don’t think I’m ignoring you.
2. You are welcome to disagree with me. I’m all about sharing different opinions and weighing pros and cons. However, if you disagree with me or with other comments, do so respectfully. I’m not a fan of nasty trolls, so if your comment includes insults or personal attacks, expect your comment to be deleted, even if you’re trying to make a good point. You can figure out a way to do it respectfully.
3. I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog and my space. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine.
Specifically, expect your comment to be deleted if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, off topic, libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws, or spam i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post as long as it’s relevant to the subject matter at hand.
4. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
5. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including by not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.